The hotel room cancellation deadline is Friday, November 29th, at 12:00 noon.
If you have reserved hotel rooms for the upcoming FMEA Conference in January, please be sure to release all rooms not needed by Friday, November 29th at noon. Each and all rooms reserved and not cancelled will be charged a non-refundable, one-night fee to the responsible credit cardholder.
If you would like to reserve your rooms with one of the contracted hotels, please be sure to do so before November 29th at noon. The hotel room list can be found online under the Professional Development Conference page at www.flmusiced.org/conference. Guest rooms will no longer be available at the FMEA group rate after December 6th.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Val Anderson at 850-878-6844.
Have you renewed your FMEA and component memberships?
Renewing your membership speaks volumes about your concern and commitment toward music, music education, and about the association's credibility in representing the music education profession. Your membership also speaks volumes to your dedication to develop as a music educator.
Your FMEA membership grants you access to:
- Vote on business matters within FMEA and to hold office
- Registering for the annual Professional Development Conference held in Tampa
- District and state meetings where members network and exchange ideas as well as present their performing groups for evaluation by outstanding music educators
- Monthly magazines such as The Florida Music Director, providing the latest developments, news, and clinical expertise in our profession
- Research Perspectives in Music Education, FMEA's active journal dedicated to perpetuating music education research across the nation
What better way is there to have a sense of pride in your field, than to belong to an association that is the unified voice for all of music education in the state of Florida?
To renew your membership, please click the link provided at the bottom of this page.
Have you registered for the 2014 FMEA Professional Development Conference?
The 2014 FMEA Professional Development Conference will be held January 8-11 in downtown Tampa. The conference is a great opportunity to:
- Recharge and rejuvenate your school year
- Network and connect with fellow music educators
- Attend professional development clinics and sessions
- Attend All-state concerts showcasing the best talent from around the state
- Observe premiere conductors during rehearsals
In order to take advantage of savings, make sure to pre-register for conference before December 13th.
Pre-registering provides you:
- Reduced registration costs for members, spouses, chaperones, and students
- Access to ordering your tickets before you get to Conference, saving you time at check-in
- Avoiding the long lines of on-site registration
You can pre-register for conference by clicking the link provided below. All checks must be postmarked by December 7th. Credit cards will be the only form of payment received between December 8th and December 13th.
We look forward to seeing you there!